вівторок, 23 серпня 2011 р.

Crabs and crinoids


In Cape Capchik I found a crinoid stem encased in rock. I believe it is or Carboniferrous or Silurian. The most surprising fact is that it was not the only crinoid found by me there. On the third photo is hsown a monolith with very many crinoid fossils. Great find!
Another interesting fossil found by me there was a fossilized insect. It was found literally inches from Scutosaurus skull(again see Crimean fossils 2) and piece of petrified wood. First my reaction was:"O, it's a leaf!", but next I realized that it is or graptolith or insect, because it was found in land deposits, I believe it is an insect.  
                                                                                                                                          

Crinoid(1,2), insect(3) - a white spot is a fossil



Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар