вівторок, 23 серпня 2011 р.

Crimean fossils 2

Yesterday evening I again studied my Crimean fossil collection. I fouind that I have very many very interesting fossils.
Among them was a well preserved (I have a great imagination, so there are chances that it is simply a rock) partial skull and a cervical vertebra of Scutosaurus. Scutosaurus was a squat quadrupedal anapsid that thrived in Late Permian Russia. The skull was preserved pretty good, and the vertebra ideally fits in it.Permian deposits are uncommon in Ukraine however in some place, the erosion gives way to them.
This wonderful specimen was found in "New World", a VERY rocky place, and there was a cape, that was SO similar to the head of Majungatholus(or Majungasaurus, I really like more the first variant). On this cape I found this thing.
The strangest factor about Cape Majungasaurus, is that there are mixed up different sediments of different time periods. For instance, there I unearthed Permian,            Scutosaurus skull   
Perhaps Carboniferrous, Miocene and Silurian fossils.   
Inostrancevia attacking Scutosaurus






                                                                 

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар