вівторок, 23 серпня 2011 р.

More plants...

When I wrote that I found only one fossil plant in Crimea I was wrong. Yesterday I again studied my collection, and found a strange leaf imprint and a piece of petrified wood.
A piece of wood is medium sized, 4-5 centimetres in lenght. I, unfortunately, can't date it easily(in fact, I can't date it at all), because in the place were I found the featured fossils was a mix up of the sediments(see post "Crimean fossils 2"). But I suppose that it is Paleozoic, by the following reasons:
1. There are no Mezozoic fossils in the area, the only one found by me, is many kilometres away, it is also a plant, and shows that it grew in a grassland -  a wood is from forest  .                                                                                     
2.    Nearby were mostly Paleozoic fossils. 
Petrified wood(1,2)

 
                                                                                                      

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар